The Data Developer will work on our Quality team to support data infrastructure, from the set up of data architecture to continuous improvement of how the data flows.
Job Purpose: The Data Developer will work on our Quality team to support data infrastructure, from the set up of data architecture to continuous improvement of how the data flows. This work will be critical to maximizing the efficacy of our data analysis team, that ultimately provides critical data insights to our Advertising customers and across the business. We help Advertisers leverage data to effectively execute on their campaigns.
Job Title: Data Developer
Location: Remote - Flexible on Canadian location
Status: 1.0 FTE; Permanent
Reports to: VP, Quality
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Build the foundation of our data pipeline. Design, build and maintain batch and real time data pipelines in cloud infrastructure (preferably Google Cloud). Build scripts, tools, serverless applications and workflows.
- Define, design, and build database schemas. Review object and data models to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Set up our data analysts for success. Collaborate closely with our data analysis team to build tools, frameworks, reports to run experiments, analyze A/B test results, enable insights.
- Be the data integrity champion. If two reports are diverging, you’re going to dive into the nitty gritty code to uncover the source of truth.
- Work with business departments to understand data & reporting needs, building pipelines and data structures to support those needs
- As a Data Engineer or similar role
- Data warehousing in a cloud environment
- Building and maintaining pipelines
- Relevant experience with data collection and ingestion from external sources, and optimizing data flow between different systems and environments
- Familiarity with BI tools
- Developing and operating high-volume, high-available and scalable environments
- Bonus for a bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Software Engineering
- Knowledgeable in SQL including query performance debugging and turning skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Passionate about finding pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- A self-motivated, independent thinker
- Able to connect your work with business goals
- A geek at heart, loves new tech
- A lifelong learner who always looks to improve on their craft